SCULLEN PTSA ANNOUNCEMENTS
SCULLEN PTSA ANNOUNCEMENTS
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
What does Scullen PTSA do for YOU?
This is a great question, especially during a challenging year such as 2020. The Scullen PTSA is a non-profit organization designed to support Parents, Teachers, & Students through fundraising, activities, projects and initiatives.
Listed below are some of our annual activities. Many of them have had to be adapted during remote learning. And some are new to keep our community involved and engaged. Despite the challenges facing all of us, PTSA is committed to maintaining our high level of service to Scullen.
· Celebrate Back to School. This year, we funded a large yard sign and gifted staff with a Scullen pouch, lanyard, mask and inspirational button.
· Coordinate the sale of Scullen Spiritwear and PE Shirts.
· Fund Staff Grants for Continuing Education.
· Organize Teacher Appreciation Week (in May) – Last year, we gave all Scullen staff members (over 100 people) a $20 Amazon gift certificate instead of a week-long celebration of treats
· Co-Sponsor 8th Grade Celebration – PTSA contributes to the annual 8th grade field trip, dance and breakfast. As an alternative last year, we purchased and delivered over 300 yard signs to congratulate and recognize our 8th grade students.
· Organize monthly Restaurant Night fundraisers.
· Support Shark Store (supports positive behavior rewards/incentives).
· Facilitate Kindness initiatives.
· Support for Special Education classrooms and teachers.
· Virtual contests such as monthly photo and hopefully, bingo soon!
· Support Scullen Café (a new initiative last year to promote dialog among students about their experiences and roles in today’s world).
· Coordinate and Fund School Supply kits.
· Contribute to the IPSD 204 Senior scholarships and monthly Snack Drive.
This is just a sampling of what your PTSA and its volunteers do every year. As 2020 has shown us its challenges, we will rely more on our members to help us continue our support for Scullen. Currently, we only have one-third of the membership numbers we had last year. Without additional members, our PTSA budget will have to be significantly reduced, and some of the activities and programs we currently support will have to be reduced as well. It’s the last thing we want to do, especially this year when our involvement is vital. However, without more members joining & paying their dues, we will have no choice.
If you would like to join Scullen PTSA: https://scullen.memberhub.store/
If you think you joined because you clicked a PTSA membership box during the on-line registration process, a technical glitch prevented the district from sending us a list of those names. Therefore, we were unable to follow up with you and send our specific membership link . If you’ve not sure if you have paid or not, please send an email to: email@example.com and we will gladly check and reply back.
If you are unable to join Scullen PTSA for financial reasons, but would still like to be a member, please send an email (it will remain confidential) to: firstname.lastname@example.org to request a dues waiver.
Scullen Spiritwear is IN!
If you ordered Scullen Spiritwear, it is now ready for Pick-Up! All the orders have been bagged individually for porch pick-up at: 24304 Woodhall Ct.
Porch pick-up is available on Wednesday, Sept. 16 from 4-7pm and Thursday, Sept. 17 from 8am-7pm. If you cannot pick up at either time, please email: Colleen Keen at email@example.com for an alternate time.
Please support the Scullen PTSA every time you shop on Amazon. The app is now available on your phone! Go to the settings, Amazon Smile, and choose to support "Scullen Middle School PTSA"
From a computer, you can go to: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/36-4443878
Scullen September PTSA Meeting
Our first Scullen PTSA meeting this year will take place on Thursday, September 24 at 6pm via Zoom. All current members will be emailed a meeting link (through your MemberhHub account) as well as the proposed 2020-21 proposed budget and Meeting Minutes from our last meeting in April. Both these items will be voted on at the September meeting.
If you are not a current PTSA member and would like to attend the meeting, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply with the meeting link.
Once you log into the meeting, the waiting room feature will be active and one of our officers will admit you to the meeting. Keep in mind that we’ll be matching your name to the name listed on your MemberHub account so please make sure they match. Please also make sure your microphones are on mute (unless you have a question, comment or we are voting). It’s entirely up to you if you prefer your camera on or off.
At each PTSA meeting, a member of the administration will be giving a School Report. This is a great time to learn more about what’s happening at Scullen. You also have the opportunity to ask questions. Please see the Google form link below if you would like to submit a question/concern for Mr. Loughrige to answer/address at the September meeting.
In addition to a school report, Mr. Aaron Mueller, Team 7-0 Science & Georgraphy teacher, will also give a brief presentation on what a typical science lesson may look like during remote learning. You don't want to miss it!
Upcoming PTSA Meeting Dates (all meetings will be on Thursdays and via Zoom):
· October 22, 2020 – 9:30 am
· November 19, 2020 – 1:30 pm
· December 17, 2020 – 9:30 am – Dr. Talley, Superintendent, IPSD 204 will be our guest.
· January 21, 2021 – 6:00 pm
· February 18, 2021 – 1:30 pm
· March 18, 2021 – 1:30 pm
· April 22, 2021 – 9:30 am
· May 20, 2021 – 1:30 pm
In addition to regular PTSA announcements, you can also follow us on Twitter: @PtsaScullen.
Although not an official PTSA Facebook page, there is also a lot of helpful information posted to the Scullen Parents page on Facebook.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at: email@example.com